Hellingly Parish Council
The Parish Council provides a Village Hall, Cemetery, Recreation Grounds and Allotments. It is also consulted on Planning matters where it gives the local view. The Parish Council meets at 7.30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month, except August, when there is usually no Parish Council Meeting. Committee meetings generally commence at 7.30 p.m. See Committees page for a full list of forthcoming meetings.
The Council manages the Country Park which includes lakes, a cricket pitch and pavilion. In the future there will also be allotments and a new Community Hall.
The Council has been awarded Quality Council status.
The Council provides the Chairman and strong support for the Cuckmere Flood Forum. It administers the Millennium Arboretum on the Cuckoo Trail, and liaises with the Hellingly Community Park Trust which has assisted in the establishment of Hellingly Country Park on the site of the former Hellingly hospital.
New number for Operation Blitz in Wealden
Our new dedicated number for every weekend is: 07770 700642. Why not save the number to your phone, as we won't continue to send out a notification every week.
Please use the number to contact the team direct to report anti-social behaviour between the hours of 6pm and midnight on Friday and Saturday.
This phone number should not be used to report any other crime or incident. To report crime and incidents please contact us online, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.
Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
EAST SUSSEX HIGHWAYS WINTER SCHEDULE
Our Winter season officially begins on Monday October 1st and runs through until 30th April 2019.
During this time we receive daily winter weather forecasts and gritting decisions are made on a daily basis, sometimes more in times of extreme weather. Our fleet of 23 gritters will be on standby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ready for when the weather may reach icy conditions. We have over 10,000 tonnes of rock salt across our 6 depots, and all county council grit bins across the county have been filled.
Our Winter Maintenance Service includes the following:
• daily monitoring of road surface temperatures, and snow and ice forecasts
• the provision of winter gritting equipment and standby resources
• the provision of stockpiled rock salt for gritting
• the salting of primary gritting routes in the event of the forecast of frost and ice
• the salting of secondary gritting routes in the event of a forecast of severe ice or snowfall
• the filling, maintenance and refilling of over 900 grit bins across the county
• erection of snow drift fencing on the A259 East Dean Road
• snow clearance from primary and secondary routes, and from main town centre footways
• maintain a winter service section on the East Sussex Highways website containing fact sheets and winter gritting maps
• carry out routine clearance of roadside drains
• monitor ‘drainage hotspots’ during times of heavy rain
• carry out drainage investigations where needed with drainage issues
Daily gritting decisions will be published via Twitter (@esccroads) and Facebook (EastSussexHighways). In the event of extreme ice or snow we will provide live morning and evening radio updates.
More information regarding our winter service including helpful advice can be found at: https://www.eastsussexhighways.com/winter
PUBLIC MEETING DOCUMENTS 21ST AUGUST 2018
What will it mean for Hellingly ?
Hailsham Proposals Map
Hailsham Boundaries Map
Hellingly Core Area Map
Lower Dicker Map
A22 Employment Sector Map
Land to the east of North Street Map
Lower Horsebridge Core Area Map
Policy SWGA 9
Requirement for 14228 new dwellings within the district for the period 2013 to 2028
Sector Hailsham North 1
Spatial Objective 2 and 3
Spatial Objective Housing
HELLINGLY PARISH FORTHCOMING MEETINGS
Planning - 24th September CANCELLED & 10th October 6.30pm
Council - 10th October 7.30pm
Grounds - 5th November 7.30pm
Cemetery & Allotments - 11th March 2019 7.30pm
Finance - 19th November 7.30pm
Village Hall - 29th Octoer 7.30pm
2018/19 Meetings Timetable